July 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
The Obama appointee implicated in congressional testimony in the IRS targeting scandal met with President Obama in the White House two days before offering his colleagues a new set of advice on how to scrutinize tea party and conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
IRS chief counsel William Wilkins, who was named in House Oversight testimony by retiring IRS agent Carter Hull as one of his supervisors in the improper targeting of conservative groups, met with Obama in the Roosevelt Room of the White House on April 23, 2012. Wilkins’ boss, then-IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman, met with Obama on April 24, 2012, according to White House visitor logs.
On April 25, 2012, Wilkins sent Hull and fellow Washington-based IRS official Lois Lerner “additional comments on the draft guidance” for approving or denying tea party tax-exempt applications, according to the IRS’ inspector general’s report.
via The Daily Caller.
Really! Where’s the rest of the media on this?!
Someone should be going to jail over this. It’s simply not going to go away. When a government uses its power to intimidate and harass its opponents that is an abuse of power. It’s tyranny and cannot be tolerated.
That the MSM has not carried this is an affront to every American.
April 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
The survey, which was conducted in early March 2013, received 15,000 responses from law enforcement professionals. It found that the overall attitude of law enforcement is strongly anti-gun legislation and pro-gun rights, with the belief that an armed citizenry is effective in stopping crime. Response percentages varied only slightly when analyzed by rank and department size. Among the results:
- 86 percent feel the currently proposed legislation would have no effect or a negative effect on improving officer safety
- Similarly, 92 percent feel that banning semi-automatic firearms, or “assault weapons,” would have no effect or a negative effect on reducing violent crime
- Demonstrating the opinion that the best way to combat gun crime is through harsher punishment, 91 percent said the use of a firearm while perpetrating a crime should lead to a stiff, mandatory sentence with no plea bargains. Likewise, 59 percent believe increasing punishment severity for unlicensed dealers would reduce crime
- Respondents were more split on background checks, with 31 percent agreeing that mental health background checks in all gun sales would help reduce mass shootings, while 45 percent disagreed
- 71 percent support law enforcement leaders who have publicly refused to enforce more restrictive gun laws within their jurisdictions
- 82 percent believe gun buyback or turn-in programs are ineffective in reducing the level of gun violence
- 91 percent support the concealed carry of firearms by civilians who have not been convicted of a felony and/or have not been deemed psychologically incapable
- Likewise, 80 percent feel that legally-armed citizens would likely have reduced the number of casualties in recent mass shooting incidents
- 38 percent believe the biggest cause of gun violence in the United States is the “decline in parenting and family values”. This was trailed by “overly lax parole and short sentencing standards” at 15 percent and “pop culture influence” (e.g., violent movies and video games) at 14 percent.
via: Business Wire / PoliceOne.com
This is incredible. Don’t plan on seeing this in the MSM.
April 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
This is blatantly lifted from Second City Cop. No need to correct perfection.
- – – – – – -
- The speed and deadliness of recent high-profile shootings have prompted police departments to recommend fleeing, hiding or fighting in the event of a mass attack, instead of remaining passive and waiting for help.The shift represents a “sea change,” said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum, which recently held a meeting in Washington to discuss shootings like those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo
The traditional advice to the public has been “don’t get involved, call 911,” Mr. Wexler said, adding, “There’s a recognition in these ‘active shooter’ situations that there may be a need for citizens to act in a way that perhaps they haven’t been trained for or equipped to deal with.”
- A University of Colorado psychiatrist told campus police a month before the Aurora movie theater attack that James Holmes had homicidal thoughts and was a public danger, according to records unsealed Thursday.Lynne Fenton, a psychiatrist at the Denver campus, told police that Holmes had also “threatened and harassed her via email/text messages” in June 2012. He is standing trial for the July 20 shooting rampage that killed 12 and injured 70 during a midnight premiere of the latest Batman movie.
March 31, 2013 § Leave a comment
FBI investigators for at least five years have routinely used a sophisticated cellphone tracking tool that can pinpoint callers’ locations and listen to their conversations — all without getting a warrant for it, a federal court was told this week.
The use of the “Stingray,” as the tool is called, “is a very common practice” by federal investigators, Justice Department attorneys told the U.S. District Court for Arizona Thursday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.
via Washington Times.
This is but the latest intrusion in our private lives by an over zealous and over reaching government of jack-booted thugs.
Where is Eric Holder on this? He’s the head of the DOJ… and that head should roll. If Holder had any dignity he would have resigned a long time ago. It’s time for Congress to step-up the efforts to get Holder out.
Naturally, the complacent media is going to bury this story.
March 25, 2013 § Leave a comment
Do you know where Chicago ranks in terms of enforcement of the federal gun laws? Out of 90 jurisdictions in the country, they ranked 90th. Why doesn’t NBC News start with, “Shocking news on Chicago. Of all the jurisdictions in the country, Chicago’s dead last on enforcement of the federal gun laws?” Why doesn’t the national press corps, when they’re sitting down there with Jay Carney and the president and the vice president, why don’t they say, “Why is Chicago dead last in enforcement of the gun laws against gangs with guns, felons with guns, drug dealers with guns?
I’ve been saying this for over a year now. Exactly!!
Why is it that Anita Alvarez does not refer felon with gun cases to the federal government? Why?
Why is it that CPD Superintendent Garry McCarthy does not make news by telling people that Anita Alvarez is not referring felon with gun cases to the federal government? Why?
Why is it that Mayor Rahm does not come out and make news by telling people that Anita Alvarez is not referring felon with gun cases to the federal government? Why?
Because the WANT the gun crime on the streets because it creates the perception that there is a NEED for MORE gun laws.
It’s all a charade.
March 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
“The Constitution does not guarantee public safety. It guarantees liberty.”
This guy is famous and he don’t even know it.
March 17, 2013 § 1 Comment
“There is a direct correlation between Gun Control and Black People Control.”
“Black Codes to deny the Second Amendment to recently freed slaves.”
“When they take our guns is when they will take our God. And that is when America will fight back.”
Amen to that!!
Not since Lincoln has a president so divided the country into people for and against their government. Maybe it’s something about presidents from Illinois. Don’t know. Don’t care. But what we need is someone who can unite us as the ways we are all similar far exceed the ways we are different. But the greatest way to all get along is to may sure that each person is free. We much give each other liberty. And right now it appears that being free from the government would be the greatest thing of all.