The survey, which was conducted in early March 2013, received 15,000 responses from law enforcement professionals. It found that the overall attitude of law enforcement is strongly anti-gun legislation and pro-gun rights, with the belief that an armed citizenry is effective in stopping crime. Response percentages varied only slightly when analyzed by rank and department size. Among the results:
- 86 percent feel the currently proposed legislation would have no effect or a negative effect on improving officer safety
- Similarly, 92 percent feel that banning semi-automatic firearms, or “assault weapons,” would have no effect or a negative effect on reducing violent crime
- Demonstrating the opinion that the best way to combat gun crime is through harsher punishment, 91 percent said the use of a firearm while perpetrating a crime should lead to a stiff, mandatory sentence with no plea bargains. Likewise, 59 percent believe increasing punishment severity for unlicensed dealers would reduce crime
- Respondents were more split on background checks, with 31 percent agreeing that mental health background checks in all gun sales would help reduce mass shootings, while 45 percent disagreed
- 71 percent support law enforcement leaders who have publicly refused to enforce more restrictive gun laws within their jurisdictions
- 82 percent believe gun buyback or turn-in programs are ineffective in reducing the level of gun violence
- 91 percent support the concealed carry of firearms by civilians who have not been convicted of a felony and/or have not been deemed psychologically incapable
- Likewise, 80 percent feel that legally-armed citizens would likely have reduced the number of casualties in recent mass shooting incidents
- 38 percent believe the biggest cause of gun violence in the United States is the “decline in parenting and family values”. This was trailed by “overly lax parole and short sentencing standards” at 15 percent and “pop culture influence” (e.g., violent movies and video games) at 14 percent.
via: Business Wire / PoliceOne.com
This is incredible. Don’t plan on seeing this in the MSM.
Do you know where Chicago ranks in terms of enforcement of the federal gun laws? Out of 90 jurisdictions in the country, they ranked 90th. Why doesn’t NBC News start with, “Shocking news on Chicago. Of all the jurisdictions in the country, Chicago’s dead last on enforcement of the federal gun laws?” Why doesn’t the national press corps, when they’re sitting down there with Jay Carney and the president and the vice president, why don’t they say, “Why is Chicago dead last in enforcement of the gun laws against gangs with guns, felons with guns, drug dealers with guns?
I’ve been saying this for over a year now. Exactly!!
Why is it that Anita Alvarez does not refer felon with gun cases to the federal government? Why?
Why is it that CPD Superintendent Garry McCarthy does not make news by telling people that Anita Alvarez is not referring felon with gun cases to the federal government? Why?
Why is it that Mayor Rahm does not come out and make news by telling people that Anita Alvarez is not referring felon with gun cases to the federal government? Why?
Because the WANT the gun crime on the streets because it creates the perception that there is a NEED for MORE gun laws.
It’s all a charade.
“The Constitution does not guarantee public safety. It guarantees liberty.”
This guy is famous and he don’t even know it.
“There is a direct correlation between Gun Control and Black People Control.”
“Black Codes to deny the Second Amendment to recently freed slaves.”
“When they take our guns is when they will take our God. And that is when America will fight back.”
Amen to that!!
Not since Lincoln has a president so divided the country into people for and against their government. Maybe it’s something about presidents from Illinois. Don’t know. Don’t care. But what we need is someone who can unite us as the ways we are all similar far exceed the ways we are different. But the greatest way to all get along is to may sure that each person is free. We much give each other liberty. And right now it appears that being free from the government would be the greatest thing of all.
The following is the Associated Press report on the standoff between police and the man who they say opened fire at a barber shop and a car wash on Wednesday in upstate New York, killing four. But as the gun debate rages, it’s interesting to note that the gun used by the killer was not an automatic weapon, a so-called “assault weapon,” or even a handgun. Instead, it was a shotgun — the type of gun Vice President has been touting as a better protection option although it’s unclear what exact shotgun was used.
Other than the Blaze zero media mentions of this interesting fact.
Shotguns are awesome powerful in close quarters combat when you don’t care who dies around you. The damage per shot is staggering compared to that of “assault” rifles. … No matter to some. They actually want to ban everything. It’s just one gun at a time for these folks.
Most people think King would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, he even applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
A recipient of constant death threats, King had armed supporters take turns guarding his home and family. He had good reason to fear that the Klan in Alabama was targeting him for assassination.
via Huff Post.
Interesting. People forget that gun control (a/k/a disarmament) was used to leave hundreds of thousands of innocent blacks at the mercy of ignorant hillbilly racist. Guns were, and are, the great power equalizer.
Of course, what the Left doesn’t want anyone to know is that all the ignorant hillbilly racist were (and currently are) Democrats. But that a whole other story.
Kudos to this guy!!
This was released while I was on hiatus.
Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. set off alarm bells Friday with a radio spot some view as a call for citizens to arm themselves.
In the radio ad, Clarke tells residents personal safety isn’t a spectator sport anymore, and that “I need you in the game.”
“With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option,” Clarke intones.
“You could beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back.”
Clarke urges listeners to take a firearm safety course and handle a firearm “so you can defend yourself until we get there.”
“You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?”
via Milwaukee Journal Online.
Sound advice from a serious man.
Why is it in Chicago all we hear from McCarty and Rahm is that you cannot protect yourself?
When seconds count the police are just minutes away.